Coronavirus (COVID-19): TMA position and update
Dear TMA Australia members and subscribers,
As the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve, we want to share with you some important information about the steps we’ve taken to date and are taking at TMA Australia.
Our greatest priority at this time is around health and safety of all individuals associated with TMA Australia and ensuring that we are compliant with public health directives and obligations. This extends to all TMA Australia members, subscribers, our TMA State and NextGen Committee and the TMA National office in Sydney.
Your TMA Australia Board remains committed to supporting its members throughout this time. To ensure that we continue to serve our members, the Board and TMAA Management are coordinating priorities and reviewing operations while we continue to maintain our platform and conduct our wider business.
What this means for our TMA Australia members
- All State-based events (TMA and NextGen functions as per the current format/structure) are suspended until further notice for the safety and protection of all TMA members, guests and staff.
- We are considering timings and alternatives for our September National Conference and Gala Dinner.
- We will continue to offer networking and education opportunities to members and will update you on the proposed new formats and seek your involvement.
- The TMA Australia Board, State and NextGen Committees are being asked to conduct all TMA-related meetings via teleconference or webex/zoom arrangements. Your Chair will be in touch to advise further.
- We are communicating with our international TMA offices – in the US (TMA Global), the UK, Europe and Asia (Hong Kong and Singapore).
- For our Charity Partner, Foodbank Australia, we are liaising with their National Office as to ways we can continue to support them.
- On behalf of our TMA members, we are sharing information and speaking with other member-based organisations such as the Australia Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and the Australian Investment Council (AIC).
- Information is being uploaded to our TMA Australia website and will be regularly updated and shared. TMA is receiving valuable information from a number of sources and we aim for the website to serve as a repository of information from our TMA member firms to assist other TMA members and visitors to the site.
- The TMA National Office remains open: (email@example.com) or 1300 042 811.
Supporting our TMA Members and the business community
We will continue to monitor the situation and as circumstances change, we will update you.
During this time, those in the turnaround and restructuring segment will be called upon for their experience and expertise to advise and lead. TMA members can assist their clients respond to the crisis in a way that is measured and seeks to control the knowns and prepare and address the unknowns.
We are receiving some fantastic and useful information from our large and diverse network of members and subscribers, including our international colleagues. Please send us relevant information/documentation that we in turn, can share with the TMA membership and subscribers as well as those in the wider business community to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early intervention by working with your client’s stakeholders is key. Remind your clients of the benefits of operating in Safe Harbour as part of a wider plan, where and as required. View – TMA’s Safe Harbour Guidelines.
Also, as part of TMA Australia’s response to COVID-19, we have prepared a Checklist for Board and Management to help our members and their clients.
Discussions with Government
TMA continues to discuss emergency measures with government exploring ways to promote the better use of Safe Harbour and measures to limit the impact of insolvent trading laws. We believe the environment warrants an emergency response from Government to support businesses that are otherwise viable but for the crisis we are now facing. TMA remains committed to corporate renewal not insolvency.
Thank you to all our TMA Australia members for your continued involvement and we look forward to supporting you during this time.
TMA Australia President